Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Memiors of a Shiksa

Cool Thing About New York City #15,239:

Jewish people.

They have these two crrrrazy holidays, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. They get to take off work on those days to go to temple, atone for sins, and catch up on episodes of Lost. And the best part about living in New York City is that there are SO MANY JEWS! Business practically shuts down in the city on these days. And today is one of those days. Happy Rosh Hashanah everyone! Hamentashen for everyone!

And speaking of The Chosen People, I spent the weekend with Danny and his family in South Florida celebrating his grandmother’s 90th birthday party. I have never met a family which talks about sex more than this one. You name it, I heard about it in the last 48 hours. They are a lovely family though, highly entertaining, and they don’t seem to hate me, so that’s good.

Last night, Matt and I went to the Alligator Lounge: (http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/bars/archives/2005/03/_alligator_loun.html)

This place is awesome. With every purchase of a (reasonably priced) draft beer, you get a free pizza. You heard me, a free pizza. Not a free slice of pizza, but an actual, 10” pizza. And it’s good pizza too. So, Matt and I hung out there for a while to catch up and bitch about how Time Warner Cable is just as incompetent as Verizon *gasp* in that they came to our apartment while Matt was sitting on the couch, but didn’t bother buzzing to get in, instead assuming we weren’t home and driving away. Two more weeks without Internet or cable. If I have to watch the DVD of Rudy one more time or actually resort to reading (god forbid), I’ll be ready to move into The Projects next door. I’ll bet they have cable.

I joined a gym! I even managed to get up at 6:30am and work out before work. We’ll see how long this newfound commitment lasts.