Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Some of my favorite entries from www.overheardinnewyork.com

Woman: Is this your first child?
Man: Yes, why do you ask?
Woman: You sure act like it is.
Man: What does that have to do with you being rude and inconsiderate?

--Loews Lincoln Square, 68th Street




Hippie: What color is your aura?
FIT girl: I think my aura has black and white stripes.
Hippie: Vertical or horizontal?
FIT girl: Horizontal...no, vertical.
Hippie: Is that because vertical stripes make your aura look fat?
FIT girl: Yeah.

--26th & 8th




Girl: If you ever make me sleep in an ATM vestibule again, I am so dumping you.

--Grand Central



Hobo: Can you spare some change? Or a pineapple?

--4th Avenue & 8th Street



Hobo: We been waiting for this train since May 5, 1987.

--86th Street B/C station

Hobo: Miss, miss, can you spare some change? Sir, sir? Ma'am?...You!You'll speak when you're spoken to!

--49th & 8th



Conductor: Canal Street next after this brief musical interlude.

--R train



Tourist woman: Excuse me, can you tell me where the big apple is?

--43rd & Broadway




Woman: What I love most about New York is that wherever you go, inevery neighborhood, there's garbage on the curb. To me, that's democracy.

--University & 11th