Wednesday, September 21, 2005

pickled liver.

When I woke up on Sunday morning, my liver kicked me in the face and said, “What have I ever done to you?”

I learned something this weekend. As wonderful as New York City is, a drunken house party is almost exactly the same in Arlington, VA as it is in Brooklyn, NY.

Considering that I spent entirely too much money last week at bars watching Christian rappers, a band called “Holy Fuck,” and drinking tequila shots, it was decided by Andrea, AMC and me, that when we got together on Saturday night, we’d just hang out at my apartment, play a little Cranium, and drink some wine. Sounds like fun, huh? Oh my goodness. Mothers, cover your children’s eyes, ‘cuz they wasn’t no Cranium played at my house Saturday night. Matt and I began drinking around 8:00pm, in anticipation of a 9:30pm arrival of my two friends. Well, the girls didn’t get to our apartment until 10:30 or so, and when they arrived, they were already sloshed and had brought another 7 people with them. So, for future reference, the recipe for an impromptu, drunk-ass dance party at 3:00am: 9 drunk people, add 3 bottles of wine (1 decent, 2 GOD AWFUL), vodka and cream soda, Coronas, Heineken, and little girlie wine coolers. Stir.

It was a blasty-blast. We blasted Missy Elliot (we are the only occupied apartment in the building), poured drinks into people’s mouths while they were lying upside down on the couch, and discovered that Andrea may have the superpower that all women wish they had: the ability to turn a gay man straight, if only for one night.

Needless to say, Sunday morning was not as much fun. I was hungover until at least 4pm Sunday. The headache dissipated just in time for me to play my first softball game of the season. I got two base hits, none of which resulted in a run, and we lost 24-6. Ouch. I attribute this loss solely to the fact that at the last minute, they decided to name our team “The Wonderbats” rather than the significantly cooler, “Vote for Pedro.”

Also, Friday night, Danny took me out on a date! I think it’s really sweet that he still occasionally takes me out, even though we’ve been dating for a while and see each other all the time. We went to dinner at this GREAT Mexican restaurant with an outdoor patio and then saw “The 40 Year Old Virgin,” which was freaking hilarious.

In two weeks, Danny and I will fly to Ft. Lauderdale to attend his grandmother’s 90th birthday party. Let’s hope she doesn’t have a heart attack when she meets her grandson’s gentile girlfriend. Oy!