Monday, August 22, 2005

There is no possible way to tell you what I did this weekend without sounding like a pretentious, money-grubbing girl from New York City, so I’m just going to say it real quick-like…This weekend, Danny and I went to The Hamptons. There, I said it. Just like ripping a band-aid off real fast. And you know what? It was AWESOME.

Danny’s aunt and uncle own a house in Quogue (http://www.city-data.com/city/Quogue-New-York.html), about 2 hours from the city. They have a cute house a few miles from the beach, with a kick-ass sunroom, a huge backyard, and a pond/waterfall/fish habitat thingie. Also, they are the coolest people ever. I wish I had an aunt and uncle as cool as they are. Over dinner the first night, we talked politics and religion, and agreed! I haven’t agreed about politics and/or religion with anyone in MY family since…ever!

We got on the Long Island Rail Road on Friday afternoon. The LIRR is way nicer than the Amtrak trains. They are all brand new double-decker trains with bar cars and big comfy seats, and unlike all other NYC transportation, they don’t smell like urine! After a nice, 2 hour ride, we arrived in Quogue. Danny’s uncle met us there, and was nice enough, but he became downright gregarious once I accepted a dram of Johnny Walker Black. I was in. We had a great dinner that night, and Danny and I went to bed pretty early.

We woke up early on Saturday morning, and rode bikes to the beach. We walked up and down the beach, gawking at all the multi-million dollar homes and stuck up bitches. I then proceeded to burn the shit out of my legs after kneeling in the sand, thus rubbing all of the sunblock off. I closely resemble a lobster right now, but luckily only from the knees down. Thank god for skirts and shorts.

Saturday night, we went out to dinner, and Sunday afternoon was spent on their 35 foot Cris-Craft cabin cruiser. We went in all the bays in the area, checking out more ridiculous homes, many of which appeared to be having parties we weren’t invited to. How rude.

We hopped back on the train and got back to the city around 7 last night. I’m exhausted and sore, but had an amazing weekend.

In other news, 11 days until the beach! I can’t wait.

In more other news, 6 days until I move!!! I can’t wait.

Fruit Fly Update: The fruit flies have begun their hostile takeover of the apartment I’m subletting. They’ve set up a compound on the stove, and have begun missile testing on the dishes in the sink. Next week can’t come soon enough.

Roger that. Over and out.