Wednesday, August 10, 2005

How To Eat Your Way Through New York City

I’m very hungry. There is a tasty looking peach sitting on the bookshelf, but I do not want a peach. What I want is a BBQ chicken burrito from Blockheads. Following that, I’d like a Copa Cabana Banana from Coldstone (which I can’t have because the Cake Batter™ ice cream has been found to contain salmonella. Damn.) If I cannot have that, I would like to substitute the Mexican popsicles they sell at the bodega next to my apartment. I will stop by there today and propose a deal they can’t refuse. I’ll suggest that we get some PVC pipe from the local hardware store, and run the pipe from the freezer next to the counter right into the living room window of my apartment. Then, whenever I want one of their delicious real fruit popsicles, I can just drop the money through the tube, then suck the popsicle out by placing our Super Powerful Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner over the tube at my end. It’s so easy. And they will never have a problem selling their popsicles. Ok, back to food. Following the popsicle extravaganza, I would like the eel roll from GoSushi on 85th and 2nd. How it will get to me while I’m sitting on my couch in Brooklyn, gorging myself on popsicles, and how I will pay for it are details to be worked out later. After a quick visit to Jack Russell’s on the Upper East Side for the best potato skins known to man, I believe I will sit and watch some cable television.

Speaking of, until last night, I hadn’t seen The Daily Show in over a month. I was going through some serious withdrawal. But Danny got cable finally, so all is well.

Ok, so this little tidbit is specifically for big fans of The West Wing: The guy who runs security at the front desk where I work looks EXACTLY like the secret service agent who had a crush on CJ. Like, I’m wondering if that actor got inspired by his roll and decided to pursue a career in front desk security. Sadly, I doubt it.

I think a spider bit me on my thumb. Please, oh please, let it be the radioactive kind. This world is just itchin’ for a Spiderwoman.