Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

So a car blew up on my block last night.

Danny and I were hanging out on the roof drinking wine, when black smoke began to billow above the roof of the neighboring buildings. After about 10 seconds it was clear that the smoke was coming from the street and that it was not just someone grilling or lighting a fire. We headed downstairs and sure enough, someone’s truck has burst into flames and was completely burned out by the time we got down the street, the fire also burned a nearby bush, a bicycle and part of another car. I can only hope there was no one in the truck at the time. So much excitement on 4th Avenue. I hear sirens about 5 times a night in my neighborhood, and I’m telling myself that’s completely normal. Totally normal.

I went to a Laundromat and got laughed at by a bunch of housewives while I tried to figure out how to use the antiquated washers and dryers. Look at the white girl trying to do laundry! I feel that I should defend myself after telling that particular bit, but I have no excuse. I’ve always had a place to do laundry that didn’t require 7,000 quarters and dropping my strawberry underwear on the floor in front of 20 people. I’ll learn.

That is all the exciting stuff that’s happening I guess (doing laundry doesn’t really count as exciting, I’ll admit). Found a great little Italian restaurant in my neighborhood, blah blah, hot as hell in my apartment, blah blah blah.

Let’s hope this Diet Mountain Dew gets me through the day. C’mon buddy, you can do it.