Thursday, July 21, 2005

resisting the temptation for another title referencing HP6

I’m fairly sure that Peeves the poltergeist has vacated Hogwarts School and is currently residing in my apartment.

There is a small room off the kitchen in my apartment in which the tenants keep a refrigerator, an old electric piano painted hot pink, and Fabian, my beloved iMac. Last night, I got on the computer to check the route I was to take to the subway (the practically useless 2 3 train to the Upper West Side). I had turned on the fan and light in the room. As I walked back into the living room, I heard a sound like a champagne glass breaking. I looked all over the kitchen, and in the hallway, but saw nothing. Then, I happened to look over in the room in which I had just been sitting. One of the light bulbs in the fan lamp had exploded. Literally. The bulb had turned completely black and was now burning a hole in the linoleum floor exactly where I had been sitting moments before. Had I been sitting at the computer just a minute or so longer, I would have a hole burned in my head right now. Not pleasant. I love my abode.

Lisa and I are signing up for the zog sports league’s softball team in the fall. It will be a blasty-blast! We are going to be on the “very casual” league, so if we suck (which we will), we won’t be alone. Also, everyone goes out drinking after games. How cool is that?

I did not get enough sleep last night and the only thing that’s keeping me awake right now is an iced triple grande skim no whip white mocha. I’m proud to be an American for at least one reason: Seattle-based stores which sell addictive stimulants on every street corner in America. Lee Greenwood forgot to put that part in his song.