Thursday, July 14, 2005

Desperate

If anyone out there finds themselves in either New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, or South Florida (huh?), go and see the play “Jewtopia.” It’s freaking hilarious. It tells the story of two guys who meet at a Jewish singles mixer. One is a Jewish guy who needs to meet and marry a Jewish girl to make his parents happy, and the other is an Irish Catholic guy who wants to marry a Jewish girl so he never has to make another decision as long as he lives. Danny’s friend directed, wrote, and is starring in this play (stars in the NYC one), and we got to meet and chat with him after the play. So funny.

Ok, so one of the things I’ve been doing over the last few months and will continue to do while I’m living in New York is collect celebrity sightings. I’m not going to be creepy fan girl (except possibly with David Bowie), but I’m just going to collect my sightings and post them right here on my blog for all to see.

Until last night, I had a grand total of three NYC celebrity sightings:
1) Ashley Olson at an Italian restaurant/bar in the East Village in February. She bumped into my shoulder as she walked by, which is the only reason I even noticed her. She still very much looks like a child and may even be part midget, I’m not entirely sure.
2) Susan Serandon and Tim Robbins at the Schubert Theater on Broadway. Danny and I went to see Spamalot in May, and they were in the Audience. He is freaking tall, and she is absolutely beautiful in person. They also had their son with them.

Last night I also had a celebrity sighting, though not one as famous as the previous two. Ricardo Chavira, who plays the character of Carlos on Desperate Housewives (husband to Gabriela, played by Eva Longoria). We were at this bar called Vintage, which was the typical New York lounge, dark, with long couches and red tinted votives. All I can say about Ricardo is that he looks exactly as he does on television. Perhaps he was out celebrating Desperate Housewives’ 15 Emmy nominations J

So there you have it. 4 Celebrity sightings in just about as many months. I’m a rock star.