Sunday, July 10, 2005

Fabian meets Colleen and the Sparks Fly.

I may or may not have spent the last 4 hours watching Dawson's Creek with my new roommate. It must be the confessional nature of the weblog that makes me so forthcoming about my transgressions, but I just can't help it. Teenage angst never gets old. Plus I can't help but study Katie Holmes in an effort to figure out why she is shacking up with the new Crazy Tom 2000 (tm).

Tomorrow is my first day at work. Hopefully I won't pass out the moment I get home tomorrow night, because there are too many things to do in this wonderful city to spend my time sleeping. Also, lest anyone forget, I have no air conditioning, so the less time I spend in my sauna/bedroom the better.

I have decided to give this lovely 8 year old, teal-colored iMac on which I'm writing a nickname. He shall be Fabian. Fabian will serve me well in the next couple of months I think. He will check my email at alarmingly slow speeds and letters I type will appear just a second or two later than I actually enter them on the keyboard. I heart you Fabian.

Today I did all of the mundane things I normally do on a Sunday. I went grocery shopping, made another trip to Target, dropped off film to be developed, and heated up leftovers in the oven. Even though these things are mundane, somehow doing them here is much more fun.

I have discovered the Yummy Taco and I LOVE THE YUMMY TACO. I went there again today, and got the grilled chicken taco. I don't think I can ever go back to Taco Bell.

Last night was Danny and Nick's birthday party things at Patty O'Brien's on the Upper East. It was free beer all night, and Danny won two tickets to the Mets game on Thursday night. Guess who he's bringing with him? I will have to pretend that I'm not a Yankees fan for just one night and enjoy some great baseball. Either that or, if I'm feeling fiesty, I'll wear my Yankees hat and cause a riot :-)

Alright, it's almost midnight, and I've got my first day of work tomorrow.

Adios!