Thursday, January 26, 2006

Remember when I wrote last and I spoke of Vermont and skiing, and, well, bitches? Um, yeah, I’m going to have to retract my previous blog entry in favor of this one:

So, Danny and I had been talking about the possibility of going to Vermont to go skiing sometime. There is this program in the city where you pay a cheap fee, and they bus you and your stuff up to Vermont and the fee pays for your lift ticket. Super cool, right? So, this past Sunday, Danny says to me, “See if anyone else wants to go skiing with us on Saturday, besides Drew and Dan.” Um, yeah. He never told me it was definite so I never took off work that day. I was scheduled for 6 hours of super fun tutoring that day. BUT it is Vermont, so I called and called people I work with to see if they’d cover my shift. It took two days, but finally I found two people to split my shift.

Since then, I have been telling everyone who will listen how I am going to Vermont skiing and am I excited? Hell yes I’m excited. I bought ski pants and a ski jacket and practiced my *swishing* and my *pie slices* and my *looking cute in ski gear*.

Fast forward to this afternoon. I’m already having kind of a crappy day due to work-related things I shall not mention on this website thanks to dooce-related warnings. But it’s okay, I tell myself. It’s okay because in a mere two days, I will be slicing up the powder in Vermont and drinking hot cocoa. Danny calls and tells me that he never tried to reserve us a spot on the bus until this morning, and *shock of all shocks* the bus is now full and we don’t get to go.

This experience has taught me two important things:

1) Blogs are a good way to deal with anger, rather than dealing with it by punching my boyfriend in the kisser.

2) In the future, I will be handling ALL travel arrangements.


IN OTHER NEWS: Today, Colleen enjoyed for lunch a lovely fajita with a side of VINDICATION. Whereas before FreyGate 2006, I would have put myself in the "I don't Knowprah" camp, I now count myself a proud member of the "PrOprah" camp. I have read some liveblog entries of the live taping of Oprah's interview with James Frey today, and I can't wait to get home and watch the show. Oprah kicks James Frey's ass all up and down her cream and beige colored set. FINALLY.